From blog posts to webinars, eBooks to infographics, and photos to videos, content marketing is king. Whatever content you choose, educational or entertaining material is the catalyst of many digital marketing strategies. In fact, 91% of B2B professionals use content marketing as part of their online approach. But, what constitutes great content creation? LMI360 breaks down a few tips to help you get started or hone in on your craft:
- Keep up on industry news. Want to find content that resonates with your audience? You have to know what’s happening in your industry. Simply skimming trending daily topics isn’t enough, though, according to Hubspot. Setting up an RSS feed for pertinent blogs can help keep all of your information in one neat and orderly space.
- Serve your audience, don’t just sell to them. Offering solutions to your audience’s problems can help to build client relationships as well as provide a way to create content that resonates. Expertise in your field is great, but make sure your readers/listeners/viewers are viewing your content to satisfy their specific needs.
- Understand your industry’s audience. At the end of the day, understanding your audience’s motivations helps you better address their needs with the content you create. Examine your audience and look at characteristics such as age, gender, location, job title and salary, as well as relationships, education level, social activities and more. Get to know your audience, inside and out.
- Write… A lot. Writing often has some major benefits: it allows you to flex your creative muscles, improve your writing skills and it’s great for website traffic. Companies that post 16+ blogs each month get nearly 3.5 times more traffic than companies who post blogs less than 4 times each month. And while you might not always be inspired to write, free-flow brainstorming can help you work through some jumbled thoughts and identify ideas that could turn into a perfected piece of content down the road.
- Find, and establish, your voice. Your industry is probably filled with amazing content creators, just like you! The best way to make your company stand out from the crowd is finding your voice and utilizing it with every piece of content you generate. Your audience might click on your content for the awesome information that satisfies their needs, but they’ll keep coming back for the personality. Fresh insights, personal stories, and even a little humor (where necessary!) can help you develop some seriously creative content.
It’s easy to feel the pressure as a content creator. Producing successful content month-over-month can feel daunting, but with the above tips and a little practice, it’s easy to get on the right track. Whether you’re just getting started on a new digital content strategy, or you’ve been in the game for years and need a quick refresher, creating valuable content for your audience helps put your company in a position to better engage visitors, convert leads, and ultimately, turn them into a paying customer.