Season for Sharing, the annual campaign of The Arizona Republic, azcentral.com and 12News raises awareness and much needed dollars for non-profit 501(c)3 agencies that help the Valley’s neediest. With help from their generous matching funds partners, The Gannett Foundation, BillingTree, the Nina Mason Pulliam Trust and 12 News, funds are matched 50 cents on the dollar until donations reach $1,000,000. All administrative costs are underwritten, so 100 percent of each donation goes directly to local non-profits. The specific funding priorities for Season for Sharing are:
Children & Families
- Support of programs that focus on preventing child abuse, protecting children from abuse, finding permanent appropriate placements and providing support for children in the foster care system.
- Programs that offer access to free or low-cost food including food banks and meal programs for children.
- Programs that help people receive emergency short-term shelter and long-term affordable housing.
- Programs that provide for short-term emergency needs including personal care or hygiene items, clothing, rental or utility assistance or disaster relief.
- Programs that help disadvantaged populations with job training and support for the under-employed and unemployed youth and adults.
- Programs that support early childhood education and quality childcare for disadvantaged populations.
- Programs that enhance and/or improve K-12 core curriculum including tutoring and academic afterschool programs.
- Programs that provide for school readiness (back to school clothing, supplies, and school food programs).
- Programs that ensure that all students graduate from high school prepared to succeed in college or the workforce.
- Programs that support adult and family literacy programs.
- Programs that support abuse prevention and victims of domestic violence and abuse including emergency shelter, housing, counseling, lay-legal advocacy, case management, crisis hotline, and job training and education.
- Programs and services for the elderly including supportive services, assisted living services, Alzheimer’s support, access to free or low cost in-home or congregate meal programs and nutrition assistance, and recreational services.
For more information on Season for Sharing, please click here.
The LMI360 Team